Friday 1 February 2013

The Creaking Door...

Over the years, my fondness for small curiosities and old artifacts has gotten a little out of control as has my desire to turn them into something wearable or for practical every day use. I have had shops on Etsy and Folksy before, and whilst quite successful, I didn't feel that they really represented my inner voice.

So, after moving up onto the hill in Harrowby, I got round to opening The Creaking Door on my Imaginatarium. It's taken months to break the veil on my imagination, unpack my buttons, beads, metal artifacts, resurrect my collection of seaglass and shells, and various other assorted sundry and finally roll up my sleeves to make something. 

I am so glad it's here now and in view of all of those splendid fields and trees. 

Here's a snifter of my first new creations:

Glass Bottle Vial Pendant - "No.44 For The Symptoms Of Affection."

Kilt Pin Brooch - Ideas - Inspired by Nick Bantock

Antique Silver Pressed Flower Bracelet


I am not sure how I would describe my work yet, as I'm still testing out my inner voice and seeing if I like it. You could certainly say I like making assemblages and working with mixed media. There is definitely a hint of steam punk in some of my creations, some neo-Victoriana and a teaspoon of whimsy. I am inspired by industry and nature, science and religion, literature, music and a day at the seaside. Nothing is exclusive and out of discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment